Tuesday, July 6, 2010

land line anyone?

GAH! I loathe cable and TV and phone companies! I think I'm a pretty laid back guy... I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers. I just want soild cell phone service and internet that works... What I don't understand is how prices can vary SO MUCH- I have Verizon now, and I like it- it's just fine, It's like $68 a month for cell service and unlimited texting... WELL for only $63 a month I can get unlimited EVERYTHING from Sprint... duh. Let's go Sprint! Internet, TXT, unlimited minutes! NICE! BUT with my cell service I get a discount on my internet and I'm in contracts with both so there's fees with that and blah blah blah... nothing is easy.
SO, what I THINK I'm going to do (I don't know why any of you care, but I'm trying to put off doing real work...) IS get my phone AND internet through Sprint. My man Nick at my local Sprint store is gonna hook me up with a 4G hotspot for only $30/month- AND it's totally mobile, so I can go ANYWHERE and have a hotspot for my computer (and up to 7 additional useers/divices at the same time). Not a bad gig. I just hope it works with XBox Live... can I live w/o COD? I think not. :)
SO take that Qwest and Verizon... eveb WITH your early termination fees I'm saving like $10 a month for 6 months, and after that I'm saving $25-$30/month! Not too shabby!

No comments: