Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Inception!

One of the things that I thought would be fun to do with this here bla(h)g was to give my take on movies.  I am a huge movie fan and I try to see all the blockbusters as the come out, so I thought I could offer some insight and/or opinions of popular movies and everyone would read them and I would become more popular than Gene Siskel.  Well, while I do indeed see a lot of movies, I've found that 1-my opinions very often echo those of the paid critics, and 2- it's really hard to write about movies.  I gotta give critics a lot of credit, their craft is difficult. 
Today I saw Inception.  All I can say is go see it now.  Christopher Nolan is an absolutely brilliant writer and ingenious director.  Leo is phenomenal and the movie is just crazy awesome.  Not a single swear word and minimal blood in an action/suspense/physiological thriller- that makes it worth seeing right there.  I'll have to see it 3 or 5 more times before I fully understand it, but man oh man that's what makes it good.  Be sure to empty the ole bladder before you sit down, because it is 2.5 hours of pure adrenaline...  Just go see it. now.

No comments: