Friday, March 5, 2010

your "spirit of service" is poor.

This is the 21st century… and when you’re upset in the 21st century you take to the blogs.
I detest Qwest. OH MAN do I detest qwest. Let me tell you why.
1- I was promised a $50 gift card (which is just a credit on your bill) when I started with Qwest. I never received it. So the very nice man gave me the credit and then told me as retribution, he’d give me premium long distance for free. Whatever. I don’t use my phone ever, but fine give me something free, I’ll take it. Thanks.
WELL the next month there was a $10 charge on my account. It turns out there’s long distance taxes and whatnot, so I was charged for them. I called Qwest told them to take it off- they apologized- even refunded the tax charge and all was well…
UNTIL the next month when there was a $30 long distance CANCELLATION FEE!!! Unreal! So I call them and they say they’ll do me the one-time courtesy of reversing the fee… the courtesy? I never wanted long distance! UGH. Anyway- all taken care of and things are OK for a couple of months… until:
2- my cell phone is bundled with my internet… totally fine, no problem… UNTIL last month my phone just stops working- no texting, calling, voicemail… nothing… which was a pain because I was waiting for 2 important phone calls… so I call Qwest (the only thing I could call was them…) and they are befuddled as to why my payment didn’t post the month prior- but they fully admit they were in the wrong. I was pretty indignant and demanded they would do something to make it up to me… so they offered me FREE LONG DISTANCE… I declined…
THEN 3 DAYS AGO-
3- I was happily playing Call of Duty online with some friends. Pwning n00bs like the geek I am… when my connection goes all wonky… Long story short(er) my internet kept cutting out thus causing me to lose my Xbox Live connection… So I call Qwest (which apparently is in India) “Jake” walked me through a litany of things to remedy the problem- eventually completely resetting the modem. He said that would make it better. It didn’t. I thought maybe waiting a day would make it OK. So yesterday I test it out and again it cuts out. I call India again and “Mary” does some more diagnostic things- all to no avail. So she orders a tech guy to come to my house. Today. Between 1 and 5pm. I made sure I was home from work… not online… waiting for the Qwest guy to come. But he never did. So I called India at 7pm to see what was up. “Derek” said in a very snotty voice that I needed to be patient and the tech guy was running late. OK fine. 9:30 still not internet, still no Qwest guy. SO I call India AGAIN!! This time I lose my cool- which isn’t good, I know… but MAN it is so frustrating. This time the guy tells me the Qwest guy showed up and was told to come back tomorrow… not sure what to make of that… either he’s a liar or he went to the wrong house… either way I’m without internet. I ask for a supervisor… He told me what I wanted to hear and supposedly someone’s coming tomorrow morning. He promised he’d do something to make it up to me. If he offers me free long distance my brain might explode.
SO here I wait… if you Google “I Hate Qwest” it’s like 132,000 results. I hope this is the 132,001st. man I really wish I didn’t need internet… I can’t stand Comcast, and Qwest is even worse… what am I to do? grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

1 comment:

Qwest Communications said...

Hi sorry to hear about your experience with our company. if you have any unresolved issues send me an email and I will help talktous@qwest.com

Thank you,

Corey Tidwell
Manager Talk To Qwest Team
talktous@qwest.com