Sunday, March 7, 2010

bing again!

Today a combination of driving for 5 hours and watching the Oscars has inspired me to finally write a screenplay. I have 3 ideas. one whimsical, one heavy, one coming of age. All of them starring me. haha ok maybe not... but I think it would be cool to actually write a screenplay.

I love movies. love. movies. and I often think in terms of how it would look on the big screen (does that make sense?) When I think of a story I don't think of it as a book or as pictures or art or whatever, I think of what it would look like if actors were playing the parts. maybe that makes me weird. that's what working at Hollywood Video for a couple of years will do to ya, I guess... regardless (or... irregardless, perchance?)
I have had an idea (the heavy one) for a screenplay in my head for a good long time and a person who used to be very near and dear to me gave me a notebook (without lines!) in which to write it. But, alas, years later its pages remain empty. I hope to change that soon. I'm going to take on a writing partner- someone who is super creative, skilled, and gets excited about big projects. I think together we can make it work. I even have an idea on how. ha! I'm an idea guy, what can I say?

Speaking of the Oscars... I'm pumped that Avatar didn't win best picture- SO not worthy of said honor. I was pulling for Morgan Freedman... Christoph Waltz was absolutely genius, and Steve Martin is the funniest man alive. Also, the pretentious woman who won for best costume design was so very rude and disgustingly pampas, I’m just glad she is a Brit… whatever that implies… I appreciated the guy who encouraged kids to continue in their creativity and keep on making art- right on sound guy or digital effect dude… whatever he was- he’s an Oscar winner, and that means something.

So yeah, a screenplay is in the works. Watch out Hollywood! :)

No comments: