Wednesday, March 24, 2010

mmhmmm

WOAH I'm 6 posts behind this month! I really have to break up my posts, I think. That last one could take up at least 5...
SO I'm in a class that examines Eastern thought in our society, it's all very interesting, but most of it is pretty obvious and not really all that alluring.... but we've been talking about Thich Nhat Hanh and his idea of consciousness- deliberately doing everything you do and being aware of everything around you... so like when you wash the dishes, make it the most important thing you can possibly do. You don’t wash them to get them done, rather you wash them to wash them and to go through that important ritual…. Essentially everything is a ritual and every task is beneficial… it all sounds kinda wonky, I know, but I think there might be some good in it too. I guess I'm going to carefully tread over to his book "the Miracle of Consciousness" and see if there's anything that I can in good conscience garner and apply to my life...
I'll keep you updated.

OK happy Thursday to you all!

No comments: