Monday, March 15, 2010

Top 7200...

The past couple of weeks have been an amazing musical adventure for me. I have discovered amazing bluegrassy bands like Avett Brothers, Mumford and Sons, and The Low Anthem. I’ve really started to love fantastic singer/songwriters like Tom Waits and Mark Heard. I got new CD’s from Kina Grannis and Sanctus Real that are quality. I even got a two-part country mix-tape to work through. So cool! I was in a place that I was sick of my tunes and I needed a change. A change I got, let me tell ya! I love rediscovering stuff that I have on my iPod. I’m shuffling through all my 7200 songs. I’m currently on #745. As I’ve gone through them, I’ve added at least 20 new songs to my top rated list. All good things.
NOT ONLY THAT, but as I was shuffling through my iPod I came across some lectures that I bought from the last youth workers convention I went to in San Diego. I bought 10 of them I think, and I never listened… until today. I listened to one twice it was so good. They’re like 2 hours long, but man I had to go back and re-listen. The thing is though, I have no idea who the dude is! Ha! Regardless, he’s amazing and has really given me some cool new ideas.
Every once in a while I get bummed when I hear a song and think, “MAN! I have THIS song?” I get bummed because it’s like I’ve been missing out on loving that tune because I was too lazy or busy to listen to it when I first got it. Then again, my musical tastes have changed so much over the years, not knowing what I really have on my iPod is like searching for treasure. If I ever get bored with my oft listened songs, I can go exploring for new tunes that are just laying undiscovered… good times. NOT ONLY THAT, but my Pandora channel is bluegrass and is absolutely perfect. Pandora might be the greatest thing invented in the last 9 years.

WHAT I LEARNED TODAY: Lincoln’s body was stolen from his grave. True story. Watch the History Channel… crazy fascinating story.

WHAT I LEARNED ABOUT GOD TODAY:
Day by day, at home, away,
Jesus is my Staff and Stay.
When I hunger, Jesus feeds me,
Into pleasant pastures leads me;
When I thirst, He bids me go
Where the quiet waters flow.

No comments: