Friday, February 26, 2010

through the fog

Today’s drive was fog the entire way. It was kind of exhilarating not knowing what’s more than 400 feet in front of you. As such, I didn’t really have the tunes playing, I was trying to concentrate on the road. Alas, my thoughts wondered a bit and I decided to use the time for prayer. Not just for safe travels, but for the dozens of people to whom I tell I will keep in my prayers, but usually forget about. I remember when I was a lad I went to a concert at Northwestern College… I think it was Dick and Mel Tunney, I don’t know why I would remember that name if it wasn’t… Anyway, Mel talked about needing to keep the promise of praying for those that you tell you will… That’s always been in the back of my mind, and when I actually take the time to dig into prayer (which is shamefully not nearly enough) I rack my brain to remember who I promised to keep in said prayers. The little old lady who taught art at my high school used to have a list of all the students at her bedside and she would pray for each of us by name every night. That’s awesome. I have a roster of all our high school and college kids in my office and I often pray over it asking for God’s providence and safe-keeping.
ANYWAY, this morning was a good morning of prayer, and being that I know prayer works and I know our almighty and eternal Father in Heaven hears them, I ask that you would keep these folks and situations in your prayers too: (I’ll keep them as anonymous as possible, God knows who they are…)
Would you take a second and ask that the Lord would guide decisions and let those making them know that He is always beside them. Pray for the G family and they are in a really rough patch, may the Lord give them hope- a light at the end of the tunnel. Pray for FR, that she would always seek the Lord and remain in Him as He remains in her. Pray for BK that he would return to the cross where his salvation was won. Gracious God, Be with those who are hurting and grieving. Be with the kids who are lonely and aching to be made whole. May they look not to peers, not to themselves, but to the God of all generations. Be with our church and her leadership that they may always seek God’s will and be ambassadors of that will. Continue to guide and protect ML as seemingly everything around him crumbles. May he always look to the One who is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
These are a mere tip of the iceberg… please keep them in your prayers. They’ll never know it, but they will certainly appreciate it! Thanks Bla(h)g audience!

No comments: