Monday, February 22, 2010

100,000 miles of love

Well, the Rendey turned over 100,000 miles this morning. I had planned on getting out and dancing to commemorate this event, but it happened right in the middle of St. Peter. You see a guy on the side of the highway at 70mph, you don't know if he's dancing or changing a tire. In the middle of St. Peter, however... there's no missing the guy who's dancing around his car at 8:30 in the morning. Normally I wouldn't care what people think... but today i did. Regardless, hundred G's for the 'vou. It's been a good 3.5 years that I've had my lovely black SUV. It wasn't the most popular decision I've ever made when I purchased her, but honestly, it really has been the perfect vehicle for me and my employ. The 4th day I had her I was crusin' the mean streets of East Bloomington with the Sun roof open and the tunes blastin'... I forgot to close the moon roof on the eve of the biggest rain of the year and my cup holders flooded and leather seats bloated and all sorts of craziness... but, alas she dried out and lesson learned, and she's never taken a bath on the inside since.
we've had some good times... I've had a lot of memories whilst driving... not so much in the Rendey, but my red car I took to Wyoming... man oh man that thing was a museum on wheels. And the Green Sonata I drove in high school... if that gray cloth interior could talk... I like driving- i love road trips. The drone of the road with the wind seeping in the cracks of the doors and windows. Nothing to do, no where to go, no awkward eye contact- just lookin' ahead chattin' with the person next to you, or jammin' to the sweet tunes playing on the stereo. Good times, good times.
SO, here's to another 100 grand, oh regal Buick, maybe by then I'll have you paid off. :)

No comments: