Thursday, January 28, 2010

petra.

I had to give a consise account of my faith for a class... so I decided to post it here too...
I was baptized into faith as an infant on February 22, 1981. As Luther explains the third article in his Catechism, “I believe that I cannot by my own thinking or choosing believe in Jesus Christ, my Lord, or come to him. But the Holy Spirit has called me by the gospel, enlightened me with his gifts, sanctified and kept me in the true faith. In the same way he calls, gathers, enlightens, and sanctifies the whole Christian Church on earth, and keeps it with Jesus Christ in the one true faith. In this Christian Church he daily and fully forgives all sins to me and all believers. On the Last Day he will raise me and all the dead, and give eternal life to me and all believers in Christ.”

My parents are my rock and gaveme an amazing foundation of faith while I was growing up. My dad is a Lutheran pastor and my mom was a Lutheran elementary school teacher for decades. They have been a shining Christian example and have helped me grow in my faith and knowledge of Jesus Christ. They are indeed a tremendous gift from our Creator.

As Paul says in Galatians 2:20, “I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” It is impossible to have Jesus living within me and not live a changed life. I know that my salvation is sure and it is my prayer that my thoughts, words, and actions glorify my Savior in all I do.

What I learned today:
4 US Presidents have won the Nobel Peace Prize- Obama, Carter, Roosevelt, and Wilson.

What I learned about God today:
He abides.

No comments: