Monday, April 5, 2010

Poetry Gem #2

I had some meter issues... that's apparent. Also, the words "alas" and "plight" should be included in every poem, they just make it classy.

A Stupid Poem
March, 1999

Our Paths have split
This is the end
With a heavy heart I leave you, my friend
With a tear in my eye
I say good-bye
“I promised myself I wouldn’t cry”

You were my life, my all
Compared to you I feel so small
I’d give you anything
I’d buy you the world
If you’d be my woman, my beautiful girl

You say we’re friends, it wouldn’t be right
As I fall down; dead in my plight
Why can’t you see you’re the one for me?
My love extends as far as the seas!

Alas, I resign,
I say that I’m fine
Our friendship we impart
I’m ill from a broken heart

But soon it will heal
At least you know how I feel
Without a relationship
But with a friend…
But is this really they end

No comments: