Tuesday, April 27, 2010

coasting?

hmmm... for some reason I thought that I was all set for the end of the semester... turns out I was wrong. I need to get moving- i have some big stuff due before midnight... it must have been terrible going to school before E-mail... handing stuff in in person... so old fashion. Probably drove the model T to class too, right?

OH- yeah- so I think that I need to read more of my comedic hero's writings. My favorite comedian is Steve Martin. He is genius- besides movies and killer stand-up, he’s written a bunch of books, of which I've only read one. He also has a monthly column in the New Yorker… I’ve not read a single one…
Stand ups talk about how they listened to Cosby or Carlin record so much that they wore them out... well I need to start reading more of Steve Martin's and Garrison Keillor's writings... I decided that I want to be known as a story-teller, and I think their style is what I’d like to emulate- having those kind of guys to strive for is mighty lofty, but pretty awesome...
Also, Steve Martin is an AMAZING banjo picker and I really really want to see him when he comes here in June…. Who’s with me??

No comments: