Saturday, April 24, 2010

maple syrup farming conglomerate...

Well i'm not playing cards right now because someone (once again) neglected to abide by the Code and we were left with 3... oh well, what can ya do?

It's party season which is awesome. Confirmation weekend is action packed and graduation season is right around the corner. The only thing is, though, I don't have a party story!
2 years ago my party story was how I bought a boat. Last year the story was how I was about to take 9 kids into the Boundary Waters for a week and hopefully make it out alive... this year I don't have a story. Our Utah trip was cancelled because of the lamitude of the seniors... and really while the summer is busy, its not terribly interesting... i've been quite consumed with school lately- not only is that a boring topic, it is also a potential powderkeg, so I avoid talking about it if at all possible... so yeah, I am without a party story which is vexing because I have a LOT of parties to attend.
You see, I need a story to keep the conversation going. I fear few things more than awkward silence, so when entering into social situations I honestly go over talking points in my head as to have ammunition when the small talk ceases. Hence, the party story. Today i was at a confirmation and I started discussing the migration patterns of Codfish in the 15th century. for real. that's what happens when i don't have a party story.

MAN i need to get thinking...
ummmm upcoming movies? no, lame...
ummm new girlfriend?
*cricket*
*cricket*
...ummm interesting books I've read lately... not bad. I'll make it a 3rd or 4th topic.
the Twins?? yes!
the Vikings draft??? Bing again!
but what if i'm talking to out of towners or non-sportsical types?
gahh! this is too complicated.

Maybe fish migration ain't such a bad idea...
I'll keep you posted.

No comments: