Wednesday, October 6, 2010

shoulda got callahan brakes

I've had this reoccurring dream lately.  It's very vivid and I've had it pretty much every time that I've slept the past 2 weeks or so.  I am in a car- sometimes a van- and it's full of my youth.  We're laughing and joking and having fun on a road trip of some sort.  Then the road starts to curve unexpectedly.  I try to slow down but I can't.  I then either careen out of control into a forest and eventually crash into a large tree or there's a brick wall at the end of the turn that I smash into. 
The thing is, the accident part of it is so real.  I've never been in a car accident before, but it feels like I'm in one every night.  The dream goes to third person and slow motion as I go over ever bump and terror fills the eyes and faces of all the kids until SMASH! and then I wake up.
yeah.
Now I don't have no technicolor dream coat or nothin', but I think I can interpret that there dream.

I think the stress is getting to me... lots of school work and projects and deadlines and work and retreats and events and nights and functions and things and car repairs (I need new brakes, ironically) and trips and promo and kids and relationships and demands and desires and man oh man, my cup runneth over... my subconscious is warning me, but I don't know what I can do to slow down...  December can't come quick enough, yo.
I'm not complaining at all, just giving some insight to my subconscious mind.
I sat for a long time today, and the twins game went waaay too long.  I'm spent.

No comments: