Tuesday, October 5, 2010

jah

i enjoy intelligent conversation.  I miss it, really...  I remember the days of sitting outside the guys dorm smoking cigars talking doctrine with three men who all are PhD's now.  I don't think those kind of things are happening at BLC anymore, and that is sad.  I know for sure it's not happening with me, and that is also sad.  I can't remember the last conversation in which I was challenged.  I don't mean that to sound pampas, its just my plight as a youth minister and is the same as any educator, I suppose; in that I rarely talk to people who want to listen.  It's not their fault, they're kids... its what they do- not listen- but at the end of the day my forehead hurts from banging it against the die-cast steel wall that is the teenage psyche and it sometimes wares thin...
regardless, I am encouraged by our college kids and I greatly look forward to times we will spend together as a group.  I hope they come to the battle of wits well armed because I'm lookin' for a battle. :)

tomorrow will be a long day, but one that hopefully will be very productive and will lead to easier weeks ahead...  AND my highway is at least partially opened now.  That is very good news!  It's the simple things in life...

No comments: