Thursday, September 9, 2010

sufjan ruined my month.

DUDE! I am so bummed right now-
So a couple of weeks ago my buddy called me up and told me about the Sufjan Stevens show coming to Minneapolis in October. He’s a huge fan, and I certainly enjoy his tunes. But he really wanted to go but was broke at the time, so he asked me to buy tickets and then he’d pay me back when he got paid next. No problem. I bought his tickets, he paid me back the next week, all is well. They were like $15 each, no big deal.
UNTIL LAST NIGHT when I found out that I, yes I have to pick up the tickets the night of the show. Apparently, in an attempt to thwart scalping, there is no switching, no transferring names, nothing. Since I was the purchaser, I am the one and only person authorized to get the 4 really awesome (3rd row, center stage) tickets to the indie icon Sufjan Stevens… I am the Frodo to my four Sufjan tickets... Only I can bare this burden. :)

That’s fine its downtown, who cares… except the show is on October 16th!!!!
I happen to be buddies with singer/songwriter Jason Gray. Soon he will be on a HUGE tour featuring my favorite author Max Lucado and the king of CCM Michael W. Smith. I was planning on hopping on a cheap flight to Phoenix and hang with JG and Smitty for a day. Gooooood times! Once in a lifetime opportunity, really. Not only that, but my sister and brother-in-law were going to drive up and enjoy the show with me. They are big JG fans and I was so stoked to introduce him to them and we would all laugh merrily and frolic (on the inside) in sunny Glendale, Arizona… But now I have Sufjan tickets to procure. Sad day.

The only saving grace is the fact that I didn’t buy my plane ticket yet, so I’m not out any money in that regard. And, honestly, I really didn’t have the money for this cross-country expedition, but MAN it was so tempting and would have been absolutely incredible…. Oh well. It is for the best, but tonight I shall not only mourn the Vikings loss, but also my loss of potential weekend awesomeness and a lifetime of memories... what could have been? We'll never know...

No comments: