Wednesday, August 18, 2010

dream, dream, dream

I've been thinking of a good song to throw on here.  I think I've had some pretty sweet tunes thus far, and for a while I was going one per week.  I haven't had the chance to hear much new stuff lately since I've been oot and aboot all summer... so I guess I gotta go someting classic. 
The Everly Brothers makes me think of my dad.  I don't know what it was, he must have had a tape... or maybe it was a .45 or something, but I can remember listening to the Everly Brothers alot as a kid. I only remember Dream and Wake Up Little Suzie.  They were short, catchy tunes that I really enjoyed.  I think I have such an affinity to harmonies because of these kind of muscians that I listened to as a 'lil tyke... They just don't make 'em like this anymore.
So, (in Casey Kasem's voice) this long distance dedication goes out to a special papa in Illinois...

No comments: