Saturday, August 21, 2010

Apple:Boo! Depot:Yay!

My Mac is sick, thus in Apple Hospital... sad.  They say it could be up to a week before I get my MacBook back.  You know what I think?  I think the Apple Store is ALWAYS packed because their stuff always breaks.  ALSO the whole appointment thing is a total joke.  WITH an appointment I waited 45 minutes before getting help.  Also I've found that all Apple employees, while nice, are pretentious snobs...  icky.  I still love their equipment, though.  It may break often, but when it works it's just great... SO, since my Mac is on the fritz, I'm left to using my old and SLOW HP laptop... it keeps on freezing on me... very frustrating.

Anyway, the whole thing with Qwest- I complained and then someone contacted me makes me take this whole bla(h)ging thing a tad more seriously.  In that regard, I went to Home Depot today.  The past couple of years Home Depot has really slipped.  It's well documented how the CEO read letters and Internet feedback and apologized for the lack of service.  As I was reno-ing my house I frequented Home Depot and for the most part I left un-helped and frustrated.  Menards was much more accommodating.  Well today I went to Home Depot to get some menial items to better organize my laundry room and begin the yearly Box Elder Bug genocide.  I was warmly greeted with a smile and offered one of their weekly ads.  I was a bit taken aback by the kindness... did I walk into the wrong store?  Dazed, I kept on working my way into the store.  At least 6 people approached me and kindly asked me if I needed help.  There were 3 or 4 people stationed in the main thoroughfares helping people who look lost or confused.  It was awesome!  I don't know if there was a regional manager visiting, or Home Depot has turned over a new leaf- whatever it is, I was pleasantly surprised.  I found what I needed in a timely and affordable fashion and my shopping experience was very pleasant.  Kudos to you, Home Depot, kudos to you!

No comments: