Tuesday, January 11, 2011

oh yeah!

Hmm well, I seemed to have forgotten about this post because I have only fulfilled one of the promised "coming soon" posts...
So I'll work toward keeping said promise now.
On my flight home from Arizona this past New Years Eve we hit some mighty turbulence.  I'm really not a fan of flying, to be honest, so when things get bumpy, I'm not a very happy camper.  But I am a fairly seasoned flier, so, while it causes alarm, turbulence typically doesn't phase me too much anymore.  Well, for the last 20 minutes of my flight back into MSP, I was phased.  It felt like a roller coaster ride.  Don't get me wrong, I love... L-O-V-E roller coasters, but not at 10.000 feet.  This not fun.  up and down and then violently from side to side... no good.  I was praying. hard.  Like for real- not just "land us safe" but like "God- here are my sins, and here is my faith in your son.  Look to Him and forgive me cuz I'm gonna meet you soon"  type prayers.  Not since I was convinced a bear was trying to eat me in Yellowstone has death felt so close.
When we finally landed I was engulfed in sweat and looking for the barf bag.  Thankfully my Sun Country Airlines microwaved hamburger stayed in my belly, but it was touch and go there for a minute.
not fun.

OK there you go... the time I almost died but survived.  Tomorrow maaaaaaaybe resolutions... we'll see. 

No comments: