Thursday, September 29, 2011

humph.

I know you all have been waiting on the edge of your seat to find out if I've EVER mastered the art of fried Plantains...  (See: here and here)

well... I tried again today- this time the texture was spot on- I had to wait 3 weeks for them to turn totally black- but the flavor was all wrong.  Oh plantains, why do you vex me so?  Do you turn bitter if you over-ripen?  Do you need brown sugar?  Why plantains, why?  Also, why is the internet totally devoid of plantain information?  Seriously.  I can find out what shoes Jessica Simpson wore to the Emmy's in 2002 but I can't find out how to properly fry a plantain?  just ain't right, man... just ain't right.

Update- The Simpson thing has proven to be just as illusive... it just isn't my day..

No comments: