Monday, September 12, 2011

booked it

I finished a book recently that was very wonderful.  It's called Ragman and it's by Walt Wangerin.  It is a collection of stories and hymns a prayers that are really powerful.  If you have a second, check out this chapter- one of my favorites- called "Killing in the Little Cuts". 
Very good stuff. http://tinyurl.com/littlecuts
OH bummer!  I just realized that the last 2 pages of the story aren't included in that link... grr.  Well, buy the book.  It's a dollar on Amazon.  You won't regret it.  When I have some time, I'll type out and then react to this story- because I think its really important- the whole "its not about me" mentality... and its a struggle because you're inviting people to use you as a doormat if you are only concerned with others and neglect yourself and your own feelings... anyway, more on that later.

No comments: