Sunday, August 14, 2011

swing set

man i have this desire to bla(h)g... but I really have no topic.  Odd, I know. I get sick of just rambling about my own schtuff, and I feel like if every thought I have is devotional, they just become the same sounding. So... what to write?  Politics?  no thanks.  Sports?  well, I'm a baseball fan and my Twins are doneskis for the season... really, the only bright spot in Minnesota sports is the Lynx are kicking butt... WNBA... oiy.  The weather is nice.  SO SO nice, in fact.  I am not typically a summer lover, but this year it was quite wonderful.  I can't count the times I just closed my eyes and looked to the sun allowing the heat and light to just cover over me.  mmm.  lovely.
Lets see... Oh, I more or less accidentally got a bread maker today.  I bid the minimum bid on Ebay 3 days ago and it won... SO, I'm looking forward to some nice whole wheat goods.  I have so many counter-top gadgets.  I think my roommate is getting a tad sick of them.  I have the Jack LaLane, the Ronco food dehydrator, I have a blender, and a hand mixer, battery operated mixing cups, a crock pot, and even a hot dog roller!  I'm not going to lie, I'd love to have a magic bullet, but other than that I think I have everything I need. :)  And, truth be told, I could get rid of the dehydrator.  It isn't as awesome as I thought it would be.  Ironically, it was one of the few things that wasn't stolen from my car back in January.  Hmm, that made me think of a "year in review" type thing... this has been a pretty crazy year.  Stay tuned for end of December highlights. :)
what else? good books?  ah! Yes!  I read a pretty sweet book about Mr. Rogers a couple of months ago, methinks I will write about it when I have my notes that I took... they're at my office currently.  Currently, I'm reading a book about apologetics that uses stories to share the message.  It is pretty stellar.  I'm in a mood to change up my music again.  That happens every 6 months or so... I think I need to get deeper in to country.  I've never had this feeling before... haha.
OK OK for trying NOT to ramble, I just did... my apologies for wasting your time.  Today was a very productive day and I'm grateful for it.  Tomorrow will be lots of rah, rah, rah followed by yappin' capped off with some real live church league softball.  Not a bad little Sunday.   :)

No comments: