Saturday, August 6, 2011

inspo

Garrison Keillor once said something to the extent of there's nothing a good walk can't fix; the severity of the problem determines the length of the walk.  Well, I've been walking a lot lately.  Really, I just enjoy the warm summer air, but being that I have an hour alone with my thoughts, my mind wanders and races.  As such, I haven't taken to this here bla(h)g as much as I'd like, only because I work things out in my head and by the time I sit down to write them I'm tired and they've lost their edge...
Anyway, there are many walk-worthy things swirling in my world lately... so many things I wish I knew, words I'd like to say, letters I've written only in my head that will never be sent, allegorical stories that I will probably never tell... The fact is that I am mourning several losses currently and it just weighs heavily.  I'm at the point where it seems as if there will never be resolution, like this knot will never untangle... but I've thought that before... so many times before.  But, yet again,  God is patient and gentle with me and he reminds me who he is and who I am... but still I walk and as I walk I remember to trust and I recall the memories and I pray to the rhythm of my steps.  I miss these things that I've lost... or at least I feel as if I am losing.  Pieces of me -some bigger than others, some far away, some coming back soon- are scattered around the earth... and, truth be told, the biggest piece is now buried below it... its a hard journey, man...
But God is good and He is close to the brokenhearted.  He is working.  I can see Him moving in the hearts of His people... Its a remarkable thing.  It seems as if He's making His presence known to a lot of people around me, and they are being moved.  Its awesome.  God is awesome.  So tonight I really miss the fliest of bros, but I rest in the gentlest of arms of the merciful-est of Saviors.

No comments: