Monday, June 7, 2010

gobble, gobble.

Last week I was in my yard grilling my favorite food as of late- Turkey Kielbasa... really really delicious. I threw a couple of red peppers on there as well... nice little meal.
Anyway, I'm grilling the turkey sausage when- and this is totally true- out of the corner of my eye I saw what looked like a big boulder strutting toward me. I looked to find not a rock, but rather a TURKEY! In the middle of the suburbs struts a turkey! Unreal! He came right up to me too. No more than 3 feet away just looking around pecking at the ground minding his own business as I cooked his brother. Hilarious. I tried to do my dad's turkey call to make him gobble, but it only scared him away.
Never have I watched the live version of the dead thing I was about to eat, but it's a bit disconcerting. I'm nervous to see what happens when I grill a steak.

No comments: