Friday, June 11, 2010

eh...

Hmmmm…. What to write? I don’t have much to say lately, which is surprising, I know. I’ve just been going about my business lately concentrating on this curriculum thing. Granted, I’ve not written anything yet, but it is something that is constantly on my mind.
I guess I have been thinking about something- a new credo for life. Live graciously, not expectantly. I’ve been more and more irked by folks who are living expectantly lately. It really bugs me when people feel as if they are entitled to something that they aren’t. Like on Tuesday I was at a high school graduation. It was a huge event and there were thousands of people. A whole slew of latecomers stumbled in 30 minutes late and was indignant over the fact they had to sit and watch the closed circuit TV’s. They expected to show up late and get a seat. That’s silly. Perhaps that’s a weak example, but I think you all know what I’m talking about. Its not hard to find ourselves getting mad over something we expect when in reality we have no right even thinking we deserve it.
That’s why it’s important to live graciously. Be thankful for everything that comes our way. I think the reason why movies like “The Blind Side” get us emotional is because they show people truly gracious for what they have. Perhaps one of the reasons why “Sex in the City 2” bombed is because we’re sick of watching people living expectantly… Anyway, I’m not feeling very eloquent today, but I think it is a good way to live.
Blagh fast weekend ahead with a week of basketballing ahead. Neato.

No comments: