Wednesday, June 30, 2010

dis n dat

I think it's funny that companies advertise excersize equipment/systems on TV with the by saying, "Get off the couch and turn off the TV!" I think they know that people are weak and they want to get off the couch, but they really won't. BUT they will buy a product in hopes that it will prompt the life-change that is truly needed for real change. Case and point: we're having a community garage sale at church in a couple of weeks so the garage is full of donations... among them 6, count them SIX NordicTrack machines. Those things were like $300 when they came out. I used to take great pleasure in having the "risk free informational video and literature" sent to our home when I was a wee lad. Now we'll be lucky if we get $10 for them. crazy.

Hmmmmm what else, what else? It's July tomorrow... that's nutty. I have so SO much to do before 1- drama camp and 2- youth rally... yikes! Almost panic time... almost. Today I got two new books- Adam by Henry Nouwen. I'm not totally sure what it's about but it's short... and it was HIGHLY recommended by my intimate ally, JG. If he likes it, I'm sure I will too.
The other is "When You're Engulfed in Flames" by David Sedaris. Its a collection of random humorous writings, many of which were in the New Yorker. I'm really pumped to read both... where to start??
Good things.
tomorrow: new month, new priorities, new start.
hoo-rah!

No comments: