Tuesday, November 22, 2011

For whatever reason, Tuesday is quote day.
Yesterday I asked my buddy (via text) if he had time to hang out before he left for his next tour.  He replied in such a kind way I almost shed a tear.  A simple "sorry I don't have time, but I'll see you next month" was expected, but instead I received words of encouragement and affirmation.  It was awesome.
This morning I came across this quote-
“Here’s something you can do right now, right where you are, and you don’t even need a book to show you how: when that next person walks into your office, calls you on the phone, or sends you an email, stop to seriously ponder the question, “Why am I glad this person is on the planet?”
When you have the answer to that question, take it from your mind, put it into words, and give those words to that person.”
- Trey Pennington
I think I'm going to try that.  I now know first hand the boost it can give.  After all, as Plato said:  “Be kind.  Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.”



No comments: