Saturday, February 25, 2012

He brews???

Sorry, the 66 books in 66 days thing was short-lived... its the thought that counts, right?
I came across this today:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/9102740/Richard-Dawkins-I-cant-be-sure-God-does-not-exist.html
I don't know what is more jarring: Dawkins admitting that there could be a God or the Archbishop of Canterbury openly admitting that he is not a young-earth creationist... what does it mean to be a "Christian" these days? 
I am very excited to be going to an apologetics event next weekend.  I just might fill out my change of address form to California as soon as I get home. :)

My wednesday night Bible class is starting in on Hebrews in 2 weeks, which I am amped for, but in light of this news story, Hebrews 11:1-3 is very apt:
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. 2 This is what the ancients were commended for.
 3 By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.

Dr. Dawkins and the like can be the scholarliest of all scholars but they cannot be sure of God, because they lack faith.  What a gift it is to know that there is indeed a God and He created me, saved me, and has a specific plan and purpose for me.  That's awesome.
Lord, soften the hearts of those who reject you that they too may know you and your Son, and can rest in the comfort of your loving arms.

No comments: